- Hands-on mentored research and training in state-of-the-art facilities
- $5,000 stipend and travel support
- Room and board
- Potential travel to the BMES Annual Meeting
- Field trips, social activities, networking events, and professional development opportunities
- Undergraduates majoring in any science, engineering, or math discipline
- Students with a 3.0 or higher GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Must be U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, or permanent residents enrolled in a U.S. college or university
- Students from underrepresented minority groups and women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Application form
- Unofficial transcripts
- Letter of recommendation
Program contact: Marina Marjanovic, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Bioengineering is grateful to the U of I Graduate College for special assistance with the REU application.